MAPFRE uses its own and third-party cookies to authenticate your user session, perform statistical analyses, display content that is useful to you, and improve and customize certain services by analyzing your browsing habits.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are generated in the user’s computer and that allow us to understand the frequency of your visits, the content you select the most and the security elements that may intervene in controlling access to restricted areas, as well as the advertisements you view that are based on criteria predefined by MAPFRE and are activated by cookies sent by said company or by third parties that provide these services on behalf of MAPFRE.
In general terms, the following types of cookies exist:
- Based on their expiration date:
- Session: Expire at the end of the session.
- Persistent: Do not expire at the end of the session.
- Based on their source:
- Own: Enabled by the website the user is browsing.
- Third-party: Originating from other websites.
- Based on their purpose:
- Technical: They allow browsing and the use of different services.
- Personalization: They allow access to the service with predefined characteristics.
- Analysis: They allow monitoring and analysis of user behavior.
- Advertising: They allow the management of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral Advertising: They allow the management of advertising spaces. They store information about user behavior.
What type of cookies do we use and for what purposes?
On this website, the following types of cookies are used for the following purposes:
More information is available at https://cookiepedia.co.uk/giving-consent-to-cookies
Who accesses the information from cookies?
The information stored in own cookies is used exclusively by MAPFRE.
Can cookies be disabled?
We respect your privacy, so we have made it easy for you to choose not to allow certain types of cookies to be installed. You can do this at any time at our .
However, if the user subsequently wishes to delete the cookies that have been stored on their computer and that require consent, they may do so using the tools provided by their browser for these purposes. In this context, depending on the browser used, the following links describe the procedure for disabling cookies:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
If the user does not accept cookies or subsequently rejects them, some of the website’s functionalities may be affected.
Changes and updates to the Cookies Policy
MAPFRE may amend this Cookies Policy to comply with legislative or regulatory requirements, or to bring it into line with the instructions and recommendations issued by the regulators. We therefore recommend that you periodically review the Cookies Policy.